Cultivating connections for local foods.
Two Rivers Food Hub is the only full-service, year-round 100% local foods distributor serving the heart of Eastern Ontario. We offer the freshest, highest quality foods directly sourced from our growing network of local producers and processors. Two Rivers Food Hub is a not-for-profit social enterprise with a primary mandate to support small and medium sized farmers in and near the Counties of Lanark and Leeds Grenville.
Are you a commercial buyer interested in bringing local food to your business? A local producer looking to access new markets or looking for a place to store, process or consign your products? Or even a home or market food processor looking to grow your small business with access to commercial kitchens? Two Rivers Food Hub is here to serve your local foods needs…
PRODUCERS: Register as a Producer and let us know what you are interested in selling through the Two Rivers Food Hub.
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN USERS: Email Two Rivers Food Hub to receive information on how to access our kitchens and tools.
PLEASE NOTE: As of November 2017, to accommodate the growth and success of our commercial sales, Two Rivers is no longer offering direct retail sales to household customers and will not be offering the Local Food Basket for the winter 2017/18 season. Please support our community by shopping and dining at businesses with a Two Rivers Food Hub sticker on the window!
— Kathleen Wynne (@Kathleen_Wynne) August 17, 2017
Two Rivers Food Hub offers local farmer and processor supports to help increase the production and availability of locally grown food. These include:
- Commercial Kitchen Rentals: our kitchens are Health Unit certified and can accommodate processors big and small, including caterers, bakers, farmers looking to preserve the harvest and more— access to a shared commercial dish-room, small-wares, linens, both and small and large appliances and sanitation tools and supplies are all available.
- By offering Wholesale Aggregation and Distribution service to expand markets for our producers as well as to recruit and provide service to more restaurant, grocery and institutional local foods buyers.
- By offering access to Processing and Storage equipment, such as a portable vegetable brush line and large scale agricultural coolers and freezers to rent to local farmers who may not have the means to build or buy these things for themselves.
- Value Chain Coordination: Two Rivers connects more than just buyers and sellers—we also actively connect our communities to information and support through our workshops, summits and numerous contacts in local foods value chain.
Wholesale Buyers – including restaurants, retail stores, volume purchasers– We offer you weekly access to hundreds of 100% local products, available year round
- locally grown vegetables and fruits
- beef, chicken and pork, sourced locally and processed in provincially licensed abattoirs
- dairy including cheese, organic milk, cream & yogurt
- unique seasonal products and foraged foods
- boutique selection of local charcuterie, artisan cheese and fish
- ever-changing blends of salad greens, 12 months of the year
- artisan, heirloom grains
- options for grass-fed, organic, variety and heritage meats (rabbit, lamb, goat, offal)
- reliable and frequent delivery service
- one-stop online ordering
- point-to-point delivery options